SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
Used: An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Schylling Tin Plate Captain Benjamin's Land Speed Record 273MPH Wind-Up Car Bxd
- Hobbyboss 1 35 Soviet T-12 Medium Tank
- HOBBYWING COMBO (B) XR10 PRO ESC + V10 G3 4.5T MOTOR
- BNIB Jake & the Neverland Pirates Chest Gift Box set Christmas Toys
- Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo 10Th Ann.Sp.V.2018 LOOKSMART 1 18 LS18-018B
- Ford Mkii Winner 24H Daytona 1966 K.Miles L.Ruby Spark 1 43 43DA66 Model
- PREMIUM X PRD584 NISSAN GT-R R35 MY17 diecast model car white 2017 Ltd Ed 1 43rd
- LEGO City 60123 In-Out Volcano Supply Helicopter - Brand New
- Takara C-77 Rodymus Convoy Trans Formers Encore
- Leblon Delienne-Yves Chaland-Adolphus Claar-Scène du bureau-Boite&Certif ok-
- Masters of the Universe - Buzzsaw Hordak Hordak le Diabolique (carte Espagne)
- HarnMaster Core Rules 2nd Edition
- 2004 Marvel Legends HULK CLASSICS Grey Hulk MR FIXIT
- WW2 German Camouflage 16 Paint Set for Model Vehicles &Soldiers (Vallejo 70114)
- Hubsan H501S X4 FPV Brushless RC Quadcopter 1080P GPS Follow Me Altitude RTH BNF
- Eurographics 6000-0783 Puzzle volkswagen Groovy Bus (1000 Pièces)
- Dinky Guy Van Spratts 917
- Porsche 917K Winner Le Mans 1971 Spark 1 43 map02027113 BRAND NEW
- Minichamps 1 43 - Mercedes 190E EVO 1 DTM 1990 Andros
- LEGO DUPLO Farm Pony Stable Toddler Toy NEW & FAST
- ASTRA Militarum Warhammer 40k 10 man Valhallan squad metal imperial guard
- Ensemble De Peinture En Acrylique Modèle bluejo De Style Vallejo Pour Brosse À
- WWE - wrestling ring & accessories play set w John Cena & Daniel Bryan figures
- DAM Toys CICF 2015 EXPO Gangsters Kingdom Side Story - Reyes 1 6 Figure
- Batman Dark Knight Heath Ledger JOKER STATUE
- Tamiya RC 58663 Toyota Hilux Extra Cab (CC-01) 1 10 Assembly Kit
- JP Twister CP Helicopter Parts JOB LOT Bargain over of parts
- The Great Book Of Corgi 2nd Edition signed by author
- Norev 181650 Citroen C4 Cactus Yellow 2014 Scale 1 18 MODEL CAR NEW °
- Burago 1 18 Scale diecast - 3007 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa 1957 Red
- Star Wars Lego Tie Advanced Predotype 75082
- OOP Warhammer Ancient Battles Vlad the Impaler
- Moebius 1 6 Lost in Space Deluxe Kit
- Carrera 1 32 Evolution Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet No.38
- TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8B3 FACTORY TEAM CVA SET 95.5MM FRONT (PR)
- Transformers Human Alliance Shadow Blade Sideswipe and Mikaela Banes NEW
- Action Force GI Joe Cobra COBRA TROOPER v1 Figure Hasbro Vintage STRAIGHT ARM
- Transformers Generation One Optimus Prime Classic Edition Premium Scale Action
- Spellz - Season One - Volume Two (Featuring Jay Sankey) by GAPC Entertainment -
- Vintage Corgi 336 Toys James Bond Toyota 2000 GT
- Nascar Ken Schrader Signed M&M Halloween Grand Prix 1 24 Scale Diecast 2002
- Matchbox Superfast TP4 Vauxhall Guildsman & Trailer Caravan - Mint Boxed
- LEGO Star Wars Boba Fett Buildable Figure
- Jakks WWE Stone Cold Steve Austin Action Figure, 31 BIG FIGS
- GI JOE 1984 UK SPIRIT & FREEDOM 100% Cmp ACTION FORCE VARIANT
- Marvel Legends Avengers Infinity War Wave 2 BAF Cull Obsidian Set
- RV04297 - Revell 1 48 - B-17F Memphis Belle
- LEA decespugliatore multifunzione a motore scoppio 4in1 33cc LE26326DP
- 2FB9 Toy Foldable WIFI FPV Drone Hover Live 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis 1080P Quadcopter
- Dinky Toys 413 Austin Covered Wagon Very Near Mint Boxed
- Ford Mustang Sportsroof 1971 Green Metallic, Model Car 1 18 Sun Star
- NEW CORGI CLASSICS MODEL No.07001 VW LUFTHANSA MINI BUS FACTORY SEALED
- LEGO Creator 31017 Sunset Speeder
- Beast wars Takara D-4 Tarantulas
- 1982 Scarlett - 100% complete (vintage Hasbro GI Joe figure)