SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
Used: An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Warhammer Age Of Sigmar Pink Horrors Tzeentch Chaos Daemons 20x Well Painted
- Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin Metallic Special
- Bunch of 11 Crown Lilo Flower Stitch Plush Creative Doll Birthday Gifts with Box
- HRB 4S 14.8V 6000mAh 50C 100C RC Lipo Battery AKKU For Quad Helion Drone Deans
- Vintage DARE Board Game RARE VERSION Parker Games 1988 FOR ADULTS Complete New
- Minichamps F1 1 43rd scale Haas F1 Team VF-18 R. Grosjean 2018
- PEUGEOT 908 N°9 LE MANS 2009 NOREV 1 43 1er
- Corgi OOC OM42415 B OM42415B Plaxton Panorama Wallace Arnold Scottish Highlands
- 1965 large 10 inch action figure ODD JOB 007 James Bond Gilbert goldfinger
- Nendgoldid 047a Shakugan no Shana II Shana Burning Hair and Eyes Ver. Figure
- Figurine, Soldat de Plomb Ancien greenUNNI. LARREY, I er EMPIRE
- 25mm classical persian - spearmen 15 figures - inf (31190)
- 2018 MARVEL LEGENDS EXCLUSIVE WALGREENS MYSTIQUE FIGURE NEW UNCANNY X-MEN MARVEL
- Boeing 747-8F Ups 1 144, Revell Aeroplane Model Building Kit 03912
- Scalextric - C3829A - 60th Anniversary Car - BMW M3 - 1990s
- SKYRC 9T 4370KV Brushless Motor 60A ESC Programming Card Kit for 1 10 RC Car DSE
- GT SPIRIT 1 18 SCALE PORSCHE 911 GT2 LE MANS 1999 NUMBER 64
- 1 24 Scale Authentic Diecast Replica Revell, 1997 Season, 4406, LIMITED EDITION
- CORGI LTD EDITION NO 22503 GUINNESS BEDFORD TK4 ARTICULATED PLATFORM TRAILER
- Lego Batman Penguin Arctic Roller
- ROBOT SMOKING 60' RETRO COLLECTORS TIN TOY ROBOT VARIOUS COLOURS TINPLATE
- Trumpeter 1 35 T-62 Mod 1975 (Mod 1972 + KTD-2 Laser Rangefinder)
- NBA Series 31 LeBron James Cleveland Cavaliers Action Figure
- 98K Rifle Model 1 6 Gun Toy Weapon Accessory For 12‘’ Soldier Action Figure
- Utsurun Desu. All Print Koma Sand Khaki T-Shirt
- VEKTA.5 Upgrade Billet Alum HD Rear Upper Heim Joint Set
- Clementoni - High Quality Collection - 6000 Pieces Jigsaw Puzzle - Las Vegas
- Alfa Romeo 4C (2013) Composite Model Car 70189
- Volkswagen Anfibio Brasile 1961 red Red Rio 1 43 RIO4393
- Spark Porsche 962 Nurburgring 1989 1.43 scale
- LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens Battle On Takodana (75139) New Sealed
- 25mm classical greek - hoplites 24 figures plastic - inf (23419)
- Hobby Boss 1 35 Le.Pz.Sp.Wg Sd.Kfz.221 Leichter Panzerspahwagen Late
- Scalextric Sport Large Layout with Flyover Hairpin Corner Xovers & 2 Cars
- Flitetest Otter (Kit to Build)
- Transformers 2015 TFCC Exclusive Deluxe Class Lio Convoy Complete
- Action man super turbo beetle used
- IRON MAN Mark VII Avengers Movie Obra maestra 1 6 Figura De Acción 12 Hot Toys
- 15mm WW2 hungarian - platoon 30 figures - inf (32851)
- EBBRO Mini Car 81110 1 18 MOTUL AUTECH GT-R SUPER GT GT500 2018 No.23 Finished
- AC ACE SPIDER LHD 1955 GREY MET Neoscale 1 43 NEO45007 Model
- 1 43 SPARK PEUGEOT 905 SPYDER 1992 EUROPEAN CUP WINNER S1275
- LEGO 30346, 30374, 30371, 30422 polybags, brand new & sealed, Free UK Delivery
- Transformer Transformer Foma Lg59 Blitzwing
- MCCTOYS 3pcs 1 6 Metal Oil Drum MCC010 Scene Accessory Fit 12'' Figure Body Toys
- Marvel legends.............hasbro red skull onslaught baf loose
- Trumpeter 1 35 Soviet T-62 Model 1962 Iraqi Regular Army
- RC Tank 4 Version G 2.4 GHz Metal Edition Tarn 360° Tower Pipe Retraction IR
- E5A0 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis 720P Drone 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis 720P Quadcopter
- Brooklin BRK 219 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special in Luxurious Box
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3 no. 15 Ginion Boutsen Racing 24 H Spa 2012 1 43
- Renault 4 L Gtl Clan 1984 bluee, Model Car 1 18 Solido
- LEGO IDEAS NEW SEALED RETIRED BOXED SET 21306 THE BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE
- Transformers Toys Studio Series 35 Leader Class Jetfire
- No163 Mp5 Drum Magazine (For Standard Aeg)